Your child may have a school lunch or, if they prefer, bring their own packed lunch. We have a large kitchen and the school meals are cooked on site. The menu is planned for three weeks in advance and is written up each day. There is a choice of food, with a daily salad bar. The selection caters for a range of dietary preferences and needs.
If your child has a packed lunch, please provide a clearly labelled lunch box and put the drink in a plastic container (no glass bottles). We are committed to healthy eating, we do not allow sweets, chocolates or fizzy drinks. *Allergy Alert*.
Free School Meals
There are two types of free school meals available.
1. Income related – Free School Meals
Children were entitled to meal vouchers during lockdown.
Your child may be able eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
Once you have applied and your child is deemed eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
2. Universal Free School Meals
Children were Not entitled to Meal vouchers during lockdown.
These meals are available to all children in Reception, Year one & Year 2 and are not income related. Once children start year 3 they will not be entitled to “Universal free school meal”.
If you feel that your child is entitled to both types of free school meals please ask for an application form. This will prevent a delay in receipt of school meal vouchers should a further lockdown occur in the future.
Does any of the above apply to you?
Are you unsure?
Applications are now managed by our school office, please call 020 8804-5013 to request an application form or ask for advice. Our friendly staff will be happy to help.
Our school is now cashless.
If you have not already registered with parent pay, please contact the school office for your login details.
Once you have registered, click on the icon below to to go to the ParentPay website.
Our Latest Menus – Click image to enlarge.