At Eastfield Primary School we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all of our children. We provide an inclusive and progressive PE curriculum throughout the school and offer a range of extra-curricular opportunities for children of all ages.
Our Primary School Sports premium will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing an additional qualified sports coach to further develop the healthy active lifestyles of the children in our school.
What is the PE and sport premium for primary schools?
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in the primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. The money will go straight to each primary school’s head teacher and will be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE for all of their children. Each school will receive £8000 plus an extra £5 per pupil – Eastfield Primary School got £6000 this past year and another £4000 in the new financial year.
Each school can choose how they wish to spend their funding. Here at Eastfield we use it in the following ways:
1. Employing a qualified sports Coach to work across the school – the activities include:
▪ Multisports, an after school club for children in years 2, 3, 4 and 5
▪ Indoor Sports Club for children in years 3 and 5 and
▪ Football Club for children in years 5 and 6
▪ Creative Dance, also part of our curriculum enrichment programme for children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6
2. Increasing pupils’ opportunities for participation in school games
3. Providing resources and training courses in PE and sports for teachers
4. Providing an additional PE teaching assistant to work across all year groups.
For a more detailed Action plan see below:
Sports Premium Intention 2019 – 2020 – Reviewed